My campaign touches on a wide range of issues that touches on humanity,this is just one of them. I’m determined to make a city that puts people and quality of life ahead of anything. Through empowerment, we can create a community of freedom and abundance.
What you can do? Contribute by telling your friends about me and feel part of this great cause by sharing. Thanks 😊
First to is to eliminate class discrimination and stigma and second wealthy people are more likely to be involved as they will feel a sense of contribution to a greater good of making the world a better place.
Harvard and MIT study concluded that there’s no effect of cash transfer on work behavior. Research also shows that people mostly like to be impacted are new mums and kids in school.
In my plan, people will only get Kshs. 10000 which is barely enough to meet all needs. To have a good life, Nairobians will still have to get out and work as they’ve always done in decades behind.
In many studies where cash is given to the poor, there has been no increase in drug and substance abuse, let alone increase in alcohol consumption. The idea that people will misuse guaranteed Income seems like a biased stereotype far from the truth.
Decision making improves when people have economic security. As Dutch philosopher Rutger Bregman says, Poverty is not a lack of character rather a lack of cash
1.Guaranteed income encourages people to find work as it’s beneficiaries are free to seek additional sources of income which almost everyone does.
2. It reduces bureaucracy. No need to wait for days to get your money, eligibility is far simple and the cost of giving benefits is greatly reduced.
3. It increases bargaining power for workers. As guaranteed, unconditional income gives them leverage to say No to to exploitative wages and abusive working conditions. No more bullying by employers.
4. It increases entrepreneurship. As it provides for basic needs and acts as a safety net if the business fails. It widens customer base as everyone has disposable income. It would be the greatest catalyst for new jobs, entrepreneurship and creativity.
5. It improves the mental health of recepients. Increased economic security leads to less stress, which means less diseases and self destructive behaviors.
6. It improves physical health.
7. It helps make smarter decisions. It provides needed security to focus on important things like families.
8. Guaranteed Income increases art production, non profit work and caring for loved ones as it provides supplementary income for those interested in labor that isn’t provided by the market.
9. It improves labor market efficiency
10. It improves relationships by reducing domestic violence, child abuse, financial stresses. It ensures that everyone has an optimistic sense of his or her own future and has the mobility to get out of abusive relationship.
Just as the results are remarkable in Canada, so it can be here in Nairobi, a steady source of income can transform a lot of people’s lives.
How would your life be with an extra 10000 shillings in your pocket? How would you spend it?
It sounds ridiculous in theory but it would be really simple. Any county government receives money from these six sources.
4.Loans from external sources or private lenders
Money for Guaranteed Income will come from Local revenue and Donor Funding. Universal Basic income is a well talked topic in the global stage and Nairobi being a crown jewel for the African continent will no doubt get a lot of donor funders just for them to see it’s success in an African country. Not to mention the fact that guaranteed Income is in line with several sustainable development goals(SDGs)
Every Nairobians aged 23 and above would receive Kshs. 10000 every month regardless of the employment status. This means every 23 year old you know in this county will receive Kshs. 10000 every month starting January 2023.
I want to implement guaranteed Income because of the highest number of unemployed bright young people in this city. I want to implement guaranteed Income because of beggars along our streets and our street kids who are probably there because their parents don’t have enough to support them.
Nairobi has the brightest minds in the country and yet all these potential goes to waste because young people don’t have the support to pull themselves up. Kshs 10000 may not be a lot but it can help all of us start somewhere. It will cover the basics while enabling us to look for better jobs, start our own businesses, go to school, care for our families and work towards our next big dream
Guaranteed income defined
It’s a form of universal basic income. A type of social security that guarantees a certain amount of money to every citizen within a governed population, without having to pass a test or fulfill work requirement.
I will be running for Nairobi governor in 2022 to implement guaranteed Income. It will guarantee Kshs. 10000 a month for Nairobians above 23 years. Yes, that means you and all your buddies will get that money every month